Author Topic: lich tower of doom, hopfully soon in appstore :)  (Read 6168 times)

expleo

• View Profile
lich tower of doom, hopfully soon in appstore :)
« on: February 04, 2014, 12:15:42 am »
sent final build last night, so we can also use as a check to see how long it takes before submitted, reviewed and hopfully approved. my game is a kind of rougelike, I have spent hundreds if not thousand hours building and testing.

game has 1700 graphical elements, 200 frames of player animation, 500 frames of enemy animations, custom commisioned soundtrack and hand drawn art.

wish me luck, this one actualy cost a bit of money to develop, not counting  the time I spent myself.

webpage at http://www.lichtowerofdoom.com

EricB

• View Profile
Re: lich tower of doom, hopfully soon in appstore :)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 08:00:48 pm »
Looks nice, can't wait to check it out! Good luck.

jousepo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 07:16:50 am »
uauuuuuuuuuuu!!!  :o :o :o :o

GREAT!!!!

banksy

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 03:56:42 pm »
epic!

jousepo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 07:11:54 am »
Did you send your app build to DragonFireSDK support for the release?

Did they answer or do something?

I'm waiting for the release of my app since last friday.

Micboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 02:23:20 pm »
How did you guys link up your app with GameCentre? Need lots of help?!

marcog

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 04:26:10 pm »
Same problem,
Last binary upload was reject because some file not run on iPhone and iPad (universal App)
I send my new app release 15 day ago but I have not response from DragonFireSDK support.
Strange, usually was fast !!!!  :'(

jousepo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 01:21:42 am »
Strange, usually was fast !!!!  :'(

The same for me!!!

Micboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 01:07:20 pm »
Hi guys, could you help me out please? How do I connect with Game Centre? Thanks in advance!

expleo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 08:31:34 am »
I will help out with gamecenter once my build is submitted for appstore :) Unfortunatly still waiting..

jk. make a post in 'how do I', and I'll try help out when I get time next week.

Micboy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 01:01:41 pm »
Thanks! Good luck! I look forward to reading your tut and playing your game.

expleo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 05:19:08 pm »
   Your app status is Waiting For Review

Its a mix of 'thank you Tim, appreacated' and, 'what can I Possiblydo to cut down the downtime in the future'..

but, what do you know..

"Your app status is Waiting For Review"

You guys should see the initial plans and concepts between myself and my illustrator before we loaded in on musicians and several graphical studioios.. this game has gone a far mile, and I from my bottom of heart hope there is a future putting in an effort based on love for the game opposed of 'how much can we cash in on a free game'..... this game is not, and will not bee free ever, sorry (but I can grant a few codes once out if you are truly poor :) )

Micboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 12:30:16 pm »
Wow. Looks promising!! So this was coded entirely using DFSDK? What timeframe did you build all this in? And how many lines of code? :D

Good luck!

expleo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 01:51:41 pm »
Heya, yes, entirely in dragonfire SDK. Perhaps a bad Choice for portability haha.

running total lines is 22529, but several are comments etc etc. 1944 asset files, that is Music, sfx, items and sprites.

I had to learn serious compression on PNG and MP3 files, first to be able to get trough build server, but also for fun to see how small file I could end up with. The packed ZIP file is 24 megs, I dont think thats too bad.

I also had to redesign several aspects of the code as the number of assets just kept on growing ( I started out With just loading every image into memory), and had a real bummer the day I got the message from compiler that maximum imageviewadds was reached.. (it did build, but game was all messed up..) I also had some long-lasting bugs I had a tough time figuring out. (the worst should be sorted out now though :D I hope)

The idea started about a year ago, first months where slow and we tested a bit ideas and different setups (originaly all the gameplay was on the Board itself, but we moved all the action to a big window With large sprites, just to complicate Things and make it more expensive :)..

that was about the time my illustrator partner said she could not do all these animation frames herself, and had to throw in the towel for time. So at  May 2013 I started contracting out pixel work, had some trials and errors on contractors, but ended up with a few steady ones. So one person have done from June 2013 until now January 2014 doing hero animations, and 3 other artist have created the monsters and background environments in about same time frame (started around august for serious work)

The game was in a 'playable' state at june 2013, and have been constantly developed since then until now aorund January. Some weeks a bit slow, other weeks just a few hours to add incoming monsters and test them, some weeks close to 40-50 hr a week. I dont dare think how much hours went into this thing.

I don't hope for huge profits, but it would be nice to get some of the cash spent back so I can do another game, and nicer still if sales are enough to cover expansions (first expansion is already in motion, with one more enemy type for each of the 6 dungeons).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:03:05 pm by expleo »

Micboy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 10:48:52 am »
Wow. This is so inspiring thanks!! 22k lines of code...crazy stuff!

I was wondering, how did you avoid not loading every image into memory to prevent max imageviewadds?

What's the status at currently? Is your app through?

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get a lot of downloads.

Michael