Author Topic: Secret Color Code - Mastermind game  (Read 3882 times)

glina126

Secret Color Code - Mastermind game
« on: February 04, 2013, 10:38:02 am »
My first app is in the app store :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/secret-color-code/id596958415?ls=1&mt=8

I can dig up some promo codes if you guys want! pm me

expleo

• View Profile
Re: Secret Color Code - Mastermind game
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:24:02 am »
Grats on getting it out :)Be prepared to get a lot of offers in your email for payed reviews haha. There is an industry out there trying to milkdesperate devs for their dollars :)

glina126

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:21:43 am »
Thanks for the warning! Yea I'm not planning to pay anyone for any reviews, this is not an app that will get big either way. It's my first one, a simple one. I got something much better in the cooking :)

expleo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:22:34 am »
Yeah.. well, I just got my seccond game out today, this time we realy put some effort into making it look nice.

I think that is the #1 key to get sales at all, only friends and family buys a game with 'programmer art' these days :)

Do you have next one planned already ? Im having now.. 2 projects that are well away, I tend to start a new one whenever I have to wait up for the artist. Im not very good at making up mock images, and she (illustrator) always throws things around so I preferre having what it will be like at once :)

cherly77

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 07:24:52 am »
Thanks for the nice forum. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us

glina126

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 10:43:57 am »
Yeah.. well, I just got my seccond game out today, this time we realy put some effort into making it look nice.

I think that is the #1 key to get sales at all, only friends and family buys a game with 'programmer art' these days :)

Do you have next one planned already ? Im having now.. 2 projects that are well away, I tend to start a new one whenever I have to wait up for the artist. Im not very good at making up mock images, and she (illustrator) always throws things around so I preferre having what it will be like at once :)

Yea my second app is in the workings and I'm predicting to be releasing it in about 2 months. Graphics is what I'm going to be pushing on. Plus interesting game play

glina126

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 12:28:42 pm »
yay! :D the free version of the game is live in the app store! :D

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/secret-color-code-free/id599474594?ls=1&mt=8

EricB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 02:41:26 pm »
Just installed yout app. Very well done. I don't recall ever playing Mastermind , but this is very challenging even on easy mode. Just wondering what the difference is between the free and paid versions. Also when you submit another app to the iTunes store (like your free version) do you pay for each submission, or does your initial $100 account fee cover all submissions? Congrats on getting onto iTunes and if you don't mind sharing download numbers I'm sure some of us would be interrested in what kind of totals your getting. If not I understand.

EricB

glina126

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 05:46:17 pm »
Just installed yout app. Very well done. I don't recall ever playing Mastermind , but this is very challenging even on easy mode. Just wondering what the difference is between the free and paid versions. Also when you submit another app to the iTunes store (like your free version) do you pay for each submission, or does your initial $100 account fee cover all submissions? Congrats on getting onto iTunes and if you don't mind sharing download numbers I'm sure some of us would be interrested in what kind of totals your getting. If not I understand.

EricB

thanks for downloading and im glad you like it :) The paid version is commercial free and no time wait at the end of each game play. (3 second wait) its a bit annoying and i figure if someone will like the game they will drop a dollar ;)

as to the $100, thats all I ever payed and I have 2 separate apps in the store

I dont mind sharing at all, as a matter of fact I wish more people would share so we would know how we would do with commercials, without and with what type...

As to today my paid app has been bought 20 times ( its been out for a week )
And my free app has been downloaded 60 times ( this is stats for yesterday and it was out for only a few hours )

tomorrow I will know the stats for today, downloads and etc. But, I'm predicting 2 - 3 sales for the paid version and about 20-30 downloads for the free one. I got 300 iAd requests up to an hour ago and that is since the app has been released at the itunes store (approx 24 hours) from those 300 requests I got 80 ads to display and my revenue is $0.36 so far. Its not bad for a day and without any adverts other than this site and fb.

Since I have the in house ad, ads are displayed all the time. I hope someone clicked on my in house ad and bought the game :)

Damian G.

EricB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 12:36:55 am »
Thanks for the info on the Facebook, and your download number info. I just found out today from Zimusoft, PignOut has been downloaded 817 time so far! Way more then I thought since I only got 2 reviews. It's been out for a month. I wonder how many people would have paid a buck? I have a new one almost ready and will be releasing that one myself. I might have some questions for you in the future on setting up the Apple account and on how the iAds work. Good luck with your app and I hope the $$ keeps coming in for you.

EricB

nednones

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 09:21:06 am »
Good work guys. My intention when I release my app is to use a server connection via the netsend to log downloads and purchases inside the app so I can have a good estimate of what downloads are like, providing Apple allow that kind of information?

ciuffolo

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 11:11:47 am »
It's a great idea, I'll do it too thanks!

glina126

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 06:31:56 pm »
Thanks for the info on the Facebook, and your download number info. I just found out today from Zimusoft, PignOut has been downloaded 817 time so far! Way more then I thought since I only got 2 reviews. It's been out for a month. I wonder how many people would have paid a buck? I have a new one almost ready and will be releasing that one myself. I might have some questions for you in the future on setting up the Apple account and on how the iAds work. Good luck with your app and I hope the $$ keeps coming in for you.

EricB

Yea sure you can ask if anything! Thats a nice number! I actually got really happy this morning because I hit over 300 downloads on the free app this morning (48 hours since release) So the numbers are climbing a bit, but not too much. I dont expect anything great for this one to be honest, its an app that you have to think in order to play :P and thanks for the good wishes! :)

@nednones and ciuffolo
No need guys! This is all kept by apple and presented to you on a plate as long as you release it yourself.. ;)