Author Topic: My new app PignOut is available for free in the iTunes store.  (Read 3514 times)

EricB

• View Profile
My new app PignOut is available for free in the iTunes store.
« on: January 23, 2013, 11:32:55 am »
Hey Guys,

Just got my app written with DragonFireSDK into the itunes store. It's free so check it out and give me a review if you have time. I published the first version thru Zimusoft just to see if I get any interest in it. The next version will be a 99 cent version with the more options (choice of foods, levels, GameCenter Support ect.). I'm just curious if anyone doesn't mind sharing, what kind of download numbers are you guys getting? Other developers here might also be interested. Here is the link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pignout/id593674593?mt=8

EricB       

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:48:03 pm by EricB »

Micboy

• View Profile
Re: My new app PignOut is available for free in the iTunes store.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:52:00 pm »
Hey Guys,

Just got my app written with DragonFireSDK into the itunes store. It's free so check it out and give me a review if you have time. I published the first version thru Zimusoft just to see if I get any interest in it. The next version will be a 99 cent version with the more options (choice of foods, levels, GameCenter Support ect.). I'm just curious if anyone doesn't mind sharing, what kind of download numbers are you guys getting? Other developers here might also be interested. Here is the link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pignout/id593674593?mt=8

EricB

Looks good!

Jut wondering if its possible to withdrw an app from  zimusoft after a while?
Also, did you store the highscore in an external document as shown in the wiki?
By the way, how many lines of code do the dfsdk apps end up being?

Keep it up! Sadly i only have a ipod touch 1st gen, so unable to download! But ill definitely let my friends know about this app to get you some downloads!

EricB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 03:37:11 pm »
DragonFire said I could have them withdraw the app so I could reissue it as a paid app whenever I wanted. I just figured I would sort of test the waters to see if anyone was even interested in the game. If I see enough interest I'll register as an Apple Dev. and resubmit it with the upgrades. I store the high scores and names in a score.dat file in the Documents folder just like the Dragonfire examples for FileCreate in the api examples. I used around 2400 lines of code but I wasn't worried about the size so I'm sure I could cut that way down if I had to. I used alot of spaces and comments to make it easier to read. I'm sure I could have done it in less then half that.

EricB

Micboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 03:42:15 pm »
Thanks for the info! Hows the success?
Good luck!

EricB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 12:16:45 pm »
Won't know about any success for awhile. When you publish thru zimusoft you don't have access to their Apple account. They said they can look at download numbers for the last 90 days for me, I just have to ask them to do it. I'll ask them for numbers after a few weeks or so. Not sure I'll get much action because of the high number of apps available and I'm not paying anyone to advertise it or review it. I actually got a email from a company who said they would give me 100 ratings and 20 reviews in the app store for $125 dollars! And that was only for the free apps. For a paid app the reviews are $4 each! Kind of makes you wonder how fixed that whole review system is. Another popular review website wanted hundreds of dollars for a review with a video and they had a 6 month backlog. I'm still having fun doing this and that's all that matters right?

EricB

ciuffolo

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 01:30:14 pm »
These successes are awsome! Have you alredy published the application with your apple account or still being Amazing with Zimusoft?

EricB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 01:40:39 pm »
Don't have an apple account yet. I'm wondering if it's worth the $100 right now? I'm not sure how many people downloaded it yet because you need an apple account to connect to your iconnect. It's been 6 days and I only have 2 reviews if that's any indication of the d/l numbers? I can have Zimusoft give me the numbers by just asking but I'm gonna give it another week or 2 before I do that. Do you have an apple account? Have you published with either yet? I wish more people would share their d/l numbers I'll bet a few people here would be interested. Thanks again for your help, I added a screen shot to my original post in Announcements.

EricB

ciuffolo

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 02:01:14 pm »
I sent my application.
6 days and ONLY 2 reviews? That's great for me, you don't think?
Anyway, good luck! I sent it by a day but nobody answered to me...but still hoping.