Author Topic: App rejected because of Dragonfire logo - Absurd  (Read 3392 times)

Zingrillo

App rejected because of Dragonfire logo - Absurd
« on: October 16, 2012, 05:38:41 am »
Hi,

my two apps have been rejected because of the logo of DragonFireSdk in the default (loading) pages.

I'm really shocked and disappointed ... I would like to show my appreciation for the DFSDK work putting a reference in my apps...

Unfortunately this is no possible...  :(

I hope this advice would help.

Anyway I have a link to DFSDK in the support page of the app  8)

glina126

Re: App rejected because of Dragonfire logo - Absurd
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 06:12:04 am »
did you change it and got the app accepted? Maybe you can make the logo part of the splash screen? like a small part of it if you know what I mean?

graham

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 06:29:42 am »
what exactly was the reason apple gave?

Zingrillo

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 07:07:54 am »
Here is the rejection text:

"We found that your app contains inappropriate or irrelevant platform information, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

"Dragon Fire - Windows iPhone Development" in the splash screen.
A screenshot is attached for your reference.

Providing future platform compatibility plans, or other general platform references, is not appropriate in the context of the App Store. It would be appropriate to remove this information. "

now I have to wait 10/12 days for next review

graham

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:33:00 am »
thanks.

i have an app currently in review which mentions dragonfire in the credits. i wonder whether that will also offend apple...

nednones

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 12:42:02 pm »
Pretty sure Apple are just covering the plagiarism policy so if you use DFSDK logo in your app you might need some form of copyright permission stated on the logo or underneath it?

acepilot

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 09:03:13 pm »
Pretty sure Apple are just covering the plagiarism policy so if you use DFSDK logo in your app you might need some form of copyright permission stated on the logo or underneath it?
what happened after this?