Author Topic: PHP and a few other questions  (Read 3257 times)

andrewbacca

PHP and a few other questions
« on: October 04, 2012, 05:27:22 am »
Hey,

I am new to iOS dev but I have been a software engineer (mainly web based). I am wanting to branch out and create iOS apps that I can possible sell to my customer that support their online systems I create for them (online shop,s invoice systems and a like). I use windows and dont have the monies to get a MAC!! so Dragon seems just right. :)

I use PHP and MySQL Database I was wanting to check that using one of the functions I have seen in my "travels!" (the name escapes me at the moment) that I will be able to access a PHP script on a server and send data to and from a sql data from the server to the iPhone.

The other question was.... I have been looking around and I have come across jailbreaking, I want to check that this is NOT required to us DFSDK?

I have also seen that you have to "register" the iPhone to get apps to work on one phone... how would I get it to work on several phones.

Sorry for all the questions I want to make sure I am going to be able to do what I want to do before I buy.

Cheers
Andrew :)

Nico91

Re: PHP and a few other questions
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:09:58 am »
Hi,

you can manage an SQlite database inside the app. Look here http://www.dragonfiresdk.net/help/DragonFireSDKHelp.html

API/Miscellaneous Functions/SQlite . You can use NetSend(); to interact with a server.

The jailbreak isn't required.

You can register more than one device payng 5$/device or publish your app into App Store.

Let me know if you have any other question.

andrewbacca

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 05:56:18 am »
Hey,

Thank you very much for your answers :)

I have bought FDSDK and am already programing my first app.

Andrew

Nico91

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 10:58:00 am »
well, if you have any questions ask.