Author Topic: Max number of containers?  (Read 1445 times)

uber

Max number of containers?
« on: July 19, 2013, 05:43:48 am »
Hi guys, working on a pretty big game in dfsdk, and I'm on the 5th level. Its got a ton of graphics,and each level has its own container, so does the menu and options menu, when I try to go into the 5 container (ex the player beats level 4) the game flips out. It starts spamming
The thread 0x2bd0 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
So I'm thinking maybe I hit a limit of containers or something? Also is there anyway to remove the containers that aren't in use, or does the iphone already do that when its not being used?

Micboy

• View Profile
Re: Max number of containers?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 01:11:07 pm »
Hiya,

I don't think there's a limit, but it just uses up memory so the program runs slower and slower until it eventually crashes.

For example, in my game, I have 6+ packs, with 40 levels each. By 6+ I mean that there may be more, but 6 is the minimum.

I think what you're saying is that in my case, I would initialise containers for each and everything single level, that would be a grand total of 240 levels (4*60) - 240 containers is a lot especially if you have a tonne of graphics in it. At first, I sort of did that, but that I decide to initialise one game container in which each level would be initialised into that. That saved me using 240 containers!

I think the best way for you would be to do the same.

Thank you and I hope that I answered your question,

Michael

Btw, would you be able to answer my question here? http://dragonfiresdk.net/forum/index.php?topic=633.0

uber

Re: Max number of containers?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 03:50:23 pm »
Yea just putting all levels in one global level container, seems to work a bit snappier as well. Thanks!