Author Topic: Has anyone used a physics body editor for use with Box2D?  (Read 3597 times)

EricB

• View Profile
Has anyone used a physics body editor for use with Box2D?
« on: March 22, 2013, 09:40:38 pm »
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with body editors and box2d? If so what editors have you used and what did you use to import the build into box2d and c++? Thanks for any info.
EricB

ciuffolo

Re: Has anyone used a physics body editor for use with Box2D?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 12:57:49 pm »
I know R.U.B.E because there are many videos on youtube, but I've never used it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 09:34:33 am by ciuffolo »

glina126

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 06:45:02 pm »
as ciuffolo notes there is RUBE. I have it and it works great. check it out

EricB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 07:59:06 pm »
Have you ever used any of the bodies you created with rube in your dragonfiresdk builds? If so how did you load them into your c++ project? Does rube save your builds as a .json file. And does rube have the loader you need to load the bodies into your c++ code? I have an editor that was called Box2D Editor (now it's called Physics Body Editor or something like that). It's very easy to use but requires you to program your own loader for c++. Thanks for any info.
EricB

nednones

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 03:51:31 am »
EricB, haven't used any although will be doing so for my next app. My advise is to use a C++ JSON parser which can read in JSON file formats and then use the link shown below for a proper GUI to modify your BOX2D objects and test them.

http://www.aurelienribon.com/blog/projects/physics-body-editor/

EricB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 11:09:48 am »
Thanks I'll try that.

glina126

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 05:28:53 pm »
with RUBE you can use JSON or you can just extract the C++ code and dump it into your app. I did the second so far, I didnt have enough time yet to play with JSON as we have to dump its .cpp files into .h I recommend checking out RUBE its free to test, paid to extract code