Author Topic: Recording a score out of documents folder  (Read 1989 times)

ciuffolo

Recording a score out of documents folder
« on: January 18, 2013, 11:05:02 am »
How can I record an Highscore without reading the score from the documents folder?
I read that you can't include the documents folder in your builded app, then, is there another possible way to do that?
For now I was using FileOpen with FileDelete and FileCreate, which I can't use if I read the data files from the documents folder. I tried with FileOpenAsset, but is only for read the files.
Is there a way to erease everything in the score file and then write here what I want or another possible way to record the score?
Thanks in advance

EricB

• View Profile
Re: Recording a score out of documents folder
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 11:35:35 am »
I think you misunderstood the documents folder thing. You don't include the document folder when you send your app to the build center, but one is created for you when the app is built. So you can use functions that read and write to the document folder. If you look at the api descriptions for FileRead of Filewrite they give you the code you can use to read and save scores in your game. It is very helpful.

EricB

ciuffolo

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 12:06:16 pm »
Oh,then it will work without problems? Thanks, I'm going to read it.
ps. Where can I find the api description of read and write files, in dragonfire sdk help? It will help me in the future.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:12:29 pm by ciuffolo »

EricB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 12:34:22 pm »
Go to the main page of this website and click on "Documentation Online" it's right under "Forum". This has a list of all the commands and sample code. It's very helpful.

EricB

ciuffolo

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 01:06:55 pm »
Thank you! Very helpful!

zacho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 11:02:41 pm »
Ciuffolo, I made some functions for file reading and writing in the How To section of these forums if you want to use them. If you have questions about them I'd be glad and answer but if you found a solution that's good too!