Author Topic: How long does a build take?  (Read 1818 times)

Ryan

How long does a build take?
« on: January 21, 2013, 03:37:36 pm »
I'm new to this. :)

How long should I expect a build to take in the Build Center? The page doesn't tell me, so I'm unsure if it should be 2 minutes... 2 hours... a day? This stuff definitely isn't friendly to the novice user, haha!

EricB

• View Profile
Re: How long does a build take?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 05:04:25 pm »
The first time you go to the Build Center and you enter your UUID it takes around 24 hours for the Dragonfire guys to get your device provisioned. Once your device has been provisioned your apps will be built in just a few minutes after you have uploaded them. After the upload you will see a message saying your app is being processed on the build center page. Then go to your registered email and you will see a email from support telling you either your build failed or an OTA (over the air) install is available. This is the easiest way to install tour app. In the email there will be a link to click and it will automaticly start installing your app to your device. Hope this helps.
EricB

Ryan

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:30:25 am »
My device has already been provisioned, and I've waited the 24 hours it needed to do that. I've used the build center to build my first example app but now "Example" is the only thing that I can download. Uploading a new build does not replace the old build, and I do not receive e-mail notifications about new builds being completed at all.

It's been about 24 hours for my second build with multiple attempts... but nothing so far. Tried both Internet Explorer and Chrome. No results.

EricB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 01:15:27 pm »
Looks like some other people were having problems with the Build Center yesterday also. But it seems to be working now. Your build should only take a few minutes. I assume your naming it something different each time (not sure you can name it "example" again and it will over write old one). Also go to teh Announcements section of the Forum and you will see a message from support about the OTA email.

EricB