Author Topic: Create and email a pdf file  (Read 1509 times)

hoopdogg

Create and email a pdf file
« on: August 30, 2012, 07:31:39 pm »
Is there a way to create and mail a pdf file with data I have had the user enter into the app?  I need some way of getting this information to the end user in the particular format.  The preferred method is to crate the formated pdf file and attach it to an email.  I've looked on this forum and other sits on teh web and noone seems to talk about odf files at all.  Worst case I guess I can send a .html file formated the way they need it, but I am stuggeling with getting anything to attack to an email I send.

nednones

Re: Create and email a pdf file
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 02:01:57 am »
If you can find a library on the web which you can import into your project which converts files into pdf's then the answer to your question is yes you can. Look in the hints and tips section and you'll see that there are automatic methods for sending an email with an attachment.

hoopdogg

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 11:29:28 pm »
I have looked at the few different posts about sending mail and including attachments, however I can't ever get ot to actually attach the file.  Is there more documentation on the BrowserLaunch command that I can look at?

tim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DragonFireSDK
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 12:24:06 pm »
If you need to e-mail an attachment, the best approach available today is to use a web server to send the e-mail and use NetSend() to tell the web server what to send.

You could send the data to the server, have it generate the PDF and send the e-mail.  This reduces the work that the device has to do itself and conserves bytes sent in case the user isn't on WiFi...
Tim Sommers
DragonFireSDK Team