Author Topic: In-App Purchases  (Read 1806 times)

flyer

• View Profile
In-App Purchases
« on: August 09, 2012, 04:29:28 am »
Hi again everybody,

I have a question about the way in which an in-app purchase would work.

The documentation with DFSDK seems to simply point me to the iTunes Connect website.  I don't have access to this as I do not have an iTunes developer account...yet.

Can someone give me a general idea as to how I should structure my app if I wanted to create a 'free' version with limited functionality and implement an in-app purchase system to unlock full functionality?  I was thinking I could create a global 'paid_version' bool variable and simply alter this based on the status of the purchase...is it THAT simple?

If you simply reply "get an iTunes developer account and see for yourself you cheapskate" I would understand, but I would like to have the app in a position where adding these extra things in would be quite straightforward instead of having to recode the whole thing because it works in a different way!

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

Thanks again,

Flyer

tim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DragonFireSDK
Re: In-App Purchases
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 12:34:13 pm »
Flyer,

In-App Purchase really does need some setup in iTunes Connect (as well as the Build Center) before you can do any real testing.

DragonFireSDK supports the "Built-In" model of In-App Purchase, which means that you will ship everything that your app will do/display with your app.  In-App Purchases will unlock content (or, in the case of consumable items, add to an existing inventory, such as in game currency).

I would suggest creating a full-fledged version of your app first, and then, if you want to create a free version, with In-App Purchase, you'll be 90% of the way there already...
Tim Sommers
DragonFireSDK Team

flyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 07:04:46 am »
Thanks yet again for your reply Tim!

f

LaureenQ

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 03:31:37 am »
Do you ever find that a kid was playing on your iPad and made an in-app purchase? Obviously, it might be time to switch off in-app purchases if you are going to let a child play with it, but you will also have a big bill to deal with. Fortunately, you can use a payday advance loan to cover it this one time until your next check comes in. Get more details: Payday Advance Loan