Author Topic: Is fstream supported? How well?  (Read 1479 times)

glina126

Is fstream supported? How well?
« on: August 01, 2012, 02:38:53 pm »
I really dont like the write and read functions that come with DF, sorry!! Can I use fstream? How well is it supported?

nednones

Re: Is fstream supported? How well?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:18:00 am »
What exactly is it that you don't like about the File Read/Write aspects to the DFSDK library?

tim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DragonFireSDK
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 11:24:37 am »
What are you trying to do with fstream that you can't accomplish with the DFSDK "File" functions?  The "File" functions have special knowledge about the path to the Documents folder as well as Assets in your app.
Tim Sommers
DragonFireSDK Team

zacho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 09:27:22 pm »
I really dont like the write and read functions that come with DF, sorry!! Can I use fstream? How well is it supported?

I suppose you can use fstream but it is worth a little extra effort to try and learn (a slightly different way) of using files. I had the same initial thought when I started my program, and it took me a few times and tries but I got it to do *most* (I cannot delete files just yet) of what I wanted to do with some tweaking to my program. See my other thread if you want to read up on it or have some questions: http://dragonfiresdk.net/forum/index.php?topic=205.0