Author Topic: Anybody heard of this menu framework?  (Read 2663 times)

fredz0003

Anybody heard of this menu framework?
« on: July 22, 2012, 07:56:06 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v522p7Mk3M

Looks good to make menus but I couldn't find a download link on the code? Anybody heard of this before?

xabaras

Re: Anybody heard of this menu framework?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 06:11:54 am »
wow... that could be very useful...

jjsanchezramirez

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 12:55:11 am »
Yes, that's my framework. The YouTube video now has a download link.

I'm really sorry the framework lacks comments and explanations. Also, I never did figure how to have multiple menus, as in how do you make one menu inactive while the other one is active. This shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Most of the code is self explanatory. The basis of the code is having the whole screen move around. It's pretty messy but it works. Sadly, I had to create a new button class to work with the scroller. You have to check each button independently to see if they were activated. which is fine for four or five buttons, but is tedious if you have menus with 100 buttons.

I honestly don't know how the code works, by the way. It made sense while I wrote it. However, using it is pretty simple and self-explanatory. Modifying the code shouldn't be that complicated as well.

BlairH

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 07:23:14 pm »
This is a really cool frame work thanks for posting it. Would it be possible to get the original Corel art work?

Thanks,

Blair

jjsanchezramirez

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 08:17:01 pm »
Anyone has my permission to do whatever they want with this code. No credit required.

m4unot

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 07:49:08 am »
Looks useful, but allowed me to show my framework: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4B6m-_H754