Author Topic: Distributing a paid App  (Read 2544 times)

JB

Distributing a paid App
« on: July 15, 2012, 12:35:11 pm »
Hi all, any advice (?step by step guide!) on getting a paid App into the Appstore would be great.
I've registered with Apple but all their documentation is in relation to x-code re: getting certificates and provisioning.
Dragonfire have a step by step guide that doesn't load.  There is a page on dragonfire I've found where I can ask for a certificate, but it isn't really clear whether this is for a paid app or not, also doesn't that still leave the problem of the provisioning thingy?
Thanks,
Jon

DeadSn0wMan

Re: Distributing a paid App
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 12:46:04 pm »
watch the tutorial on the Dragonfiresdk website about distributing a paid App

JB

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 12:59:32 pm »
Oh Aye, yes, thanks, I've looked at that before and it never loaded the video, but it has today :-)
http://www.dragonfiresdk.com/lessons/distribution.html

JB

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 01:03:57 pm »
Help!
I'm following the insturctions on the video but when in the distribution tab on certificates the voice says there should be an upload button "about here" - I don't see that button so I went to the only button on there "Request a certificate" and browsed for my CSR and pressed submit, now when you look at the file pressing download (the next thing done on the video) my file name comes back with "ios_distribution.cer" whereas the video says it should be "distribution_identity.cer" so I've obviously gone wrong :-(
any idea how I can upload my certificate when I can't see such a button on the screen indicated on the video?
Many thanks,
Jon

tim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DragonFireSDK
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 02:45:50 pm »
Jon,

Apple has changed the name of the file since we made the video.  The correct file name is now "ios_distribution.cer".

The only time you'll ever see an upload button is when you are requesting a certificate.  In the iOS Provisioning Portal, if you don't have a certificate yet, you will see a button called "Request Certificate" and you'll be able to browse to a file (the CSR file we generated and sent to you...)

Upload the file and after a few moments you'll be able to download the .cer file and include it with your App Store submission.
Tim Sommers
DragonFireSDK Team

JB

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 03:55:40 pm »
Thanks Tim,
in addition it seems that in the Create App ID section Apple no longer provide a Bundle Seed ID Drop down option, instead giving you a randomly allocated "Team ID". Apparently not a problem.
Jon

zacho

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 05:55:43 pm »
The video within the link never loads for me...