Author Topic: Is possible publish an app without a itunes developer account?  (Read 3109 times)

jousepo

• View Profile
Hi all.
I've a question.... i don't have an iphone/ipad but i've purchased and developed my first game.
Need to purchase a developer account to publish or not necessary?

Thanks in advance.

tim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DragonFireSDK
Re: Is possible publish an app without a itunes developer account?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 08:47:16 am »
Zimusoft can publish your free app for you.

If you wish to charge for your app, include ads or use Game Center or In-App Purchase, then you'll need an Apple Developer account of your own.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:23:35 am by tim »
Tim Sommers
DragonFireSDK Team

jousepo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 11:49:56 am »
ok thanks!!!!  ;)

Daniel

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 07:07:27 am »
There seems to be more to this... much more and I cant seem to see it addressed anywhere on the forums.

I know with "The app builder" (Not a plug - their service is template driven custom editor bull we cant use) -  every time you save your project (small publish), you get an email with the link to the install for that version as built by them. This was really impressive (if not their only feature) as I never had to register a device ID and got a new version I can test with each time. OTA is nice but has no beat on this as I still need to register devices.

-
I need to get a licence or register an ID for every random device we have laying around at that time, just to test with it - this seems highly unnecessary?
How would you roll out to the company, as we don't want to use the app store (or any store) as we don't want to monetize our apps - as a matter of fact we want to keep it away from our competitors!

And thus raising the million dollar question (and here is the true issue for corporates) how do you publish a private version for your company employees?

-
A reply addressing the issue would be appreciated.

This is not a feature or avenue to be waived by. We are a multi-million multinational and yours is the only option so far for development as we are strict *Microsoft* so no XCode, however ironically everyone has their own Apple devices, a fact we can leverage.

I trust there is more just like me who want and need to do this.

Regards - Daniel

tim

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DragonFireSDK
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 02:25:19 pm »
Daniel,

This may be what you need to do when you sign up with Apple:

https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/enterprise/

If your company has a Dunn and Bradstreet number you can enroll in the program which allows your company to have its own private App Store...
Tim Sommers
DragonFireSDK Team

Daniel

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 02:53:00 am »
Best news yet, thank you for your feedback!
I checked we are listed so I will push for this!

Thanks Again!