Author Topic: Game Center Problems  (Read 2690 times)

matthewsjc1

Game Center Problems
« on: May 28, 2012, 01:36:55 am »
I'm at my wits end trying to get game center to work. I'm able to log in to my account in sandbox mode and my app returns successful on both posting to the leaderboard and achievements, yet when I view the leaderboard or achivements list, neither have anything actually posted.  ???

matthewsjc1

Re: Game Center Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 08:44:38 pm »
Could the problem be that I sent the cert and/or provisioning file from the wrong tab - deployment instead of development (or visa versa)?? This is the main thing keeping my app from being ready for the store. I'm not going to send apple something that doesn't work!

matthewsjc1

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 10:33:35 pm »
Well, finally getting somewhere. Turns out it's a bug...

Many people, including myself have this trouble.  You will see that if you access Game Center sandbox from iOS 4.3 you can see your scores.  The issue is in iOS 5.  You must submit scores from at least two different test accounts before the leaderboard will begin to show them.  Also, it takes hours after you submit a second test account score before they will show up.  It's very annoying.

And I'm having the same issue.  I would expect that if I report a score and Apple sends back a response saying it was correct, they should fill the formattedValue field.  However, they may just want to get a response back to your code as quickly as possible.

matthewsjc1

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 12:52:30 am »
According to several sources, I have to submit using two or more accounts and then wait for several hours and it should work. Sandbox needs more than one account to submit before it'll start showing posts.

matthewsjc1

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 01:31:48 am »
If anyone has experience with this, I'd appreciate the help! I emailed dragonfire support days ago, but never heard back.

matthewsjc1

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 05:04:01 am »
Well, achievements are working, but still no leaderboard. Hmmm

nednones

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 07:36:32 am »
Just a side note, on Fruitnija, it takes a few hours before my high scores have been updated when compared to my friends, so it seems the problem resides within the Apple system setup

matthewsjc1

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 04:15:11 am »
Well, after a week and a half of beating my off the wall, I finally got it working :D

nednones

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 03:02:43 pm »
What was the problem in the end?

matthewsjc1

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 02:59:54 am »
It's a problem on apple's end with sandbox mode. You can contact apple developer support and they'll get it going for ya.