Author Topic: DragonfireSDK Mac Library  (Read 1007 times)

EricB

• View Profile
DragonfireSDK Mac Library
« on: December 07, 2015, 12:43:30 pm »
Any one using the Dragonfire SDK Mab library offered to do your own builds? Were you able to build apps for your device? How about AppStore builds? How powerfull of a mac system would I need to do this?

Thanks
Ericb

charliee1151

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: DragonfireSDK Mac Library
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 03:20:51 pm »
Hah!  This is good timing for this question.  I have just finished my PC DFSDK "learning curve", and hope to start my MAC learning this week.

I purchased a miniMac and two video adapters so I could use my PC monitors; my mouse and keyboard were already USB.

I was able to compile the MAC library without any problem.  However, given that I am just starting, that is as far as I have gone.  I should think that I would have {something} buildable by this coming weekend.  If you are interested, I can certainly keep you informed of my newbie progress.

Charlie

EricB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 12:22:00 pm »
I am interested in hearing about your progress.  If you don't mind me asking, how much was the mini mac and what kind of video adapter did you need? I recently switched to learning Unity and C# but turns out you still need a mac for the final build with xcode and to send it to apple. So I'll need the mini mac anyhow. While Unity is much more powerful and will let you build for any platform I did like Dragonfire SDK and it's ipad emulator. With Unity you can't test it on an ipad without an itunes connect account so you can get the provisioning files before putting the app on your ipad and testing. Personally I have never had a problem with a game working on the emulator but not working on the  ipad with a test build.

thanks in advance for any info

EricB

charliee1151

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 02:35:18 am »
I purchased a miniMac and 2 video adapters, came to ~$750.

I've been able to build both DF sources, but not too sure what to do with them, I'm totally new to MAC.
I'm confused because the PC DFSDK is a java file (has the "CAFEBABE" header), but of course neither of the two MAC created files have that.  One has a ".a" as the file type, which Google tells me actually is valid as a library file, but I don't know what to do with it...yet.  I'm hoping to learn more this weekend.

Using XCode, I have been able to create, download to device, and run the standard "hello world", so at least that's a start.

Makes we wonder, if the DFSDK process was "send us your PC DFSDK code, we'll make it apple for you", what steps did they take?  Was it really a simple copy/paste, from their customers source code into XCode and compile, using the MAC version of DF instead of the PC version that the customer used? Or something else?  And how do I get there from here?

Charlie