Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Build Center / Re: DragonfireSDK Mac Library
« Last post by charliee1151 on December 10, 2015, 02:35:18 am »
I purchased a miniMac and 2 video adapters, came to ~$750.

I've been able to build both DF sources, but not too sure what to do with them, I'm totally new to MAC.
I'm confused because the PC DFSDK is a java file (has the "CAFEBABE" header), but of course neither of the two MAC created files have that.  One has a ".a" as the file type, which Google tells me actually is valid as a library file, but I don't know what to do with it...yet.  I'm hoping to learn more this weekend.

Using XCode, I have been able to create, download to device, and run the standard "hello world", so at least that's a start.

Makes we wonder, if the DFSDK process was "send us your PC DFSDK code, we'll make it apple for you", what steps did they take?  Was it really a simple copy/paste, from their customers source code into XCode and compile, using the MAC version of DF instead of the PC version that the customer used? Or something else?  And how do I get there from here?

Charlie
« Last post by EricB on December 08, 2015, 12:22:00 pm »
I am interested in hearing about your progress.  If you don't mind me asking, how much was the mini mac and what kind of video adapter did you need? I recently switched to learning Unity and C# but turns out you still need a mac for the final build with xcode and to send it to apple. So I'll need the mini mac anyhow. While Unity is much more powerful and will let you build for any platform I did like Dragonfire SDK and it's ipad emulator. With Unity you can't test it on an ipad without an itunes connect account so you can get the provisioning files before putting the app on your ipad and testing. Personally I have never had a problem with a game working on the emulator but not working on the  ipad with a test build.

thanks in advance for any info

EricB
« Last post by charliee1151 on December 07, 2015, 03:20:51 pm »
Hah!  This is good timing for this question.  I have just finished my PC DFSDK "learning curve", and hope to start my MAC learning this week.

I purchased a miniMac and two video adapters so I could use my PC monitors; my mouse and keyboard were already USB.

I was able to compile the MAC library without any problem.  However, given that I am just starting, that is as far as I have gone.  I should think that I would have {something} buildable by this coming weekend.  If you are interested, I can certainly keep you informed of my newbie progress.

Charlie
Build Center / DragonfireSDK Mac Library
« Last post by EricB on December 07, 2015, 12:43:30 pm »
Any one using the Dragonfire SDK Mab library offered to do your own builds? Were you able to build apps for your device? How about AppStore builds? How powerfull of a mac system would I need to do this?

Thanks
Ericb
DragonFireSDK Spotlight / Re: DFSDK Mac Library Release! $99
« Last post by charliee1151 on November 15, 2015, 04:17:41 pm »
Sorry, I cannot speak for the company.  Further, I have no knowledge of their plans.  I do know that there are still a number of personnel that are available to respond to emails.

Charlie
Game Programming / Re: So what has happened to DFSDK?
« Last post by charliee1151 on November 15, 2015, 04:15:52 pm »
Sorry, I cannot speak for the company itself.  However, I do know that a number of the DFSDK personnel are still available and can be contacted by email.

Charlie
DragonFireSDK Spotlight / Re: DFSDK Mac Library Release! $99
« Last post by expleo on November 15, 2015, 02:23:33 am »
*bump*

Would be great with an update, comming or not at all ? I habe s few projects stopped up, as I wait and wait for what eil happen with dragonfire.
Game Programming / So what has happened to DFSDK?
« Last post by ljbeng on November 14, 2015, 10:40:37 am »
I have a paid version.  I can simulate on my pc all day but they won't provision my phone for me to try on the actual device.  Is the company caput?
How Do I...? / Turning Page
« Last post by weigi on August 25, 2015, 05:53:53 am »
Hi Guys
I am looking for a example how to turn a page or a Card by pressing a button.
Thanks in advance
weigi
How Do I...? / Need help with File Writing/Reading!
« Last post by carshalljd on August 18, 2015, 03:35:12 pm »
Guys, I like to think that I'm pretty advanced when it comes to programming. But for the life of me, I cannot file write, and its the only thing I have left in my project.

I've been analyzing these forums as well as the documentation provided by DFSDK, but absolutely nothing makes sense to me. I have no idea what an index or position or buffer are, and they seem pretty important! I'm always slowly realizing more and more that I really have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to this section of programming(Even though it seems like a basic concept most people know). My main reason for posting this is a plead for somebody to simplify things for me, and while doing so pretend I'm a 5 year old (assume I don't know what your'e talking about, and you'll probably be right).

It doesn't need to be long or complex. All I need to do is store like 3 integers when the program exits, and then load those back in when it starts again. Literally nothing else. I don't need to have a complex method of recording high scores or anything like that, I just need to record the users progress - which i can do with around 3 integers.

Anything you post here will be highly appreciated so thanks in advance!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10